From “long shot” to Arsenal: New England goalkeeper Matt Turner previews EPL move | MLSSoccer.com – MLSsoccer.com - Sports Plugg

Breaking

CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE GIFT CARD OFFER TODAY

Thursday, February 17, 2022

From “long shot” to Arsenal: New England goalkeeper Matt Turner previews EPL move | MLSSoccer.com – MLSsoccer.com

“My path, as you guys know, was carved very uniquely and it will continue to go that way. I mean, I’m 27, almost 28. I’ve been playing really well for the better part of three years, and this is the first club to make a concrete offer,” he said. “And I understand that it’s really challenging to get your foot in the door. So it’s really hard to say no to not only the chance to go fulfill a dream, but also to go challenge myself at the highest level and play for one of the biggest and most recognizable brands in the world in Arsenal.”

Turner believes he’s left the Revolution in a better spot than when he arrived, and last year’s Supporters’ Shield confirms it. He’ll keep hold of his home in South Boston – in fact, he’ll rent it out to a Revs teammate once he crosses the Atlantic – and hopes to help new teammates like Lletget and Jozy Altidore find their feet before he departs on his next adventure.

“I’ve been playing well for a long time and these windows are few and far between. So any opportunity you get to make that jump, get your foot in the door and then sort of see what happens, you kind of have to take that chance, especially when it comes to a club like Arsenal,” he said. “This is a way for me to show my ambition and show that I want to work on things that maybe I’m not as good at as [Steffen] is, and then challenge myself at the highest level possible. That’s always been my goal as a soccer player.”



from WordPress https://ift.tt/GDOQl1k
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment